The Big Dawg of the Trail Dawg event calendar...
The Trail Triple Crown Races!
Saturday, April 30, 2016 at Delaware's White Clay Creek State Park,
Carpenter Recreation Area, 880 New London Road, Newark, Delaware 19711
The best thing to happen to running since the invention of Gu packets with a litter leash.
Join in our 19th annual home-grown, half-baked, deep-fried and sanctified one-day trail race series for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities.
All event proceeds are donated to four local homeless shelters as a mission of Head of Christiana Presbyterian Church.
Course Director TrailDawg John Mackenzie, and course marking by the TrailDawgs.
What other event gives you so many options? Run one race, or two! Run the Delaware Trail Marathon, or run our patented Triple Crown endorphin-fest--the Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K in sequence--all in one morning!
- The Half-Marathon starts at 7:30 AM.
A scenic 13.1-mile circuit in WCCSP and White Clay Preserve fording White Clay Creek at miles 3 and 10.
- The Marathon starts at 7:40 AM.
Two loops of the half-marathon course. There is no cut-off time for finishing, but water/aid will switch to self-serve at noon. More marathon info--please read!.
- The 10K starts at 10:00 AM. This race is sanctioned by Mid-Atlantic USATF as part of their annual off-road race series.
- The 5K starts at 11:15 AM. A "wasn't my PR" 3.1-mile trail loop entirely within the WCCSP Carpenter Recreation Area;
- A one-Mile Family Walk starts at 11:30 AM. Enjoy an easy trail ramble east of the pavilion!
- The Triple-Crown is a 3-race combo--half-marathon, 10K and 5K--which you can run as an individual or team. It is scored by sum of finish places (not combined times) among TC runners only--low sum wins (tie-breaker rule: faster half-marathon finish wins). Please note the time intervals between starts; if you finish one race after the next race has already started, no problem--just grab some refreshments and head out again! The main objective is to finish!
Race web page: http://tcrun.com/
Register at: https://www.raceentry.com/races/triple-crown-trail-festival/2016/register