It's time to prepare for that holiest of TrailDawg Holy Days of Obligation: The Feast of St. Roch!
The Date: Saturday, July 12, 2014.
Assembly time: 9 am.
St. Roch is Patron Saint of Dawgs, Knee Injuries, and Poison Ivy Rashes and, as such, a fitting patron for this trail run.
- What's up with this St. Rock guy? Find out here.
- This is a fun run, not a race or real event. No record of participation or times.
- No marked course. The suggested fun-run route will be distributed on a turn sheet. It will follow FHNRMA color-blazed trails for a 13 mile tour: Yellow Eastside -> Green Eastside -> Blue Loop -> Green Northside -> Orange Counter-Clockwise -> Baptismal Station -> Green Westside -> Yellow Westside. Here is a map and turn sheet.
- You will get wet, you will get lost and probably shed a few tears. Think of St. Roch's sufffering and suck it up, buttercup.
- This is not a race or real event. No Aid Station For You!
- Bring enough hydration for 13 miles on a hot day.
- Bring a few gels or snacks if you need to eat while you run.
- OK, OK, we will have a stash of bottled water and snacks at around the halfway point for anyone who is feeling faint or has the vapors. Not an aid station!
- We will supply watermelon and have a few ice chests at the assembly area (in the shade in the woods).
- Please feel free to bring a snackie (baked goods, fruits, or junk) or drinkie (soda pop) to share with your trail-running pals. No booze, please.
- Bring a camp chair or something to sit on if you plan to hang around to swap tales and brag.
Hey, if you are one of those race listing websites, don't list this -- it's not a race!