It's time to prepare for that holiest of TrailDawg Holy Days of Obligation: The Feast of St. Roch!
The Date: Saturday, July 25, 2015.
Assembly time & place: 8 am, South Appleton lot.
St. Roch is Patron Saint of Dawgs, Knee Injuries, and Poison Ivy Rashes and, as such, a fitting patron for this trail run.
- What's up with this St. Rock guy? Find out here.
- Free race on a ribbon-marked trail course. Last year this was a fun run, not a race or real event, with no record of participation or times. However, this year, we are keeping real times, so run fast.
- You will get wet, you will get lost and probably shed a few tears. Think of St. Roch's sufffering and suck it up, buttercup.
- Bring enough hydration for 13 miles on a hot day.
- Bring a few gels or snacks if you need to eat while you run.
- We will have a stash of bottled water and snacks at around the halfway point for anyone who is feeling faint or has the vapors.
- We will supply watermelon and have a few ice chests at the assembly area (in the shade in the woods).
- Please feel free to bring a snackie (baked goods, fruits, or junk) or drinkie (soda pop) to share with your trail-running pals. No booze, please.
- Bring a camp chair or something to sit on if you plan to hang around to swap tales and brag.
Hey, if you are one of those race listing websites, don't list this -- it's a picnic!